The present Church of San Peter´s was constructed at the end of the 18th and beginning of the 19th centuries on top of the ruins of the old church of the Franciscan Convent which was demolished as a consequence of the 1790 earthquake. The church has been the parochial seat of St. Peter the Apostle since 1837, the date when the convent was seized.

Its main façade, situated in the square of the same name, possesses a portico which is framed between two twin towers and a central part slightly projecting with respect to the two towers, comprised of a lintelled portico supported by 4 pillars to which Doric half-columns are attached. The façade is crowned by a cornice and a triangular pediment with a central oculus and behind it the two twin towers rise up.

Inside, the main hall is divided into 3 naves. In the central nave are a series of Tuscan half-columns. The ceiling of the nave is formed of a barrel vault.

In the altar we can see the medallion which represents the Vision of the Christ of the three arrows, held by St. Dominic de Guzmán and St. Francis of Assisi.  The medallion is flanked by two angels who represent the theological virtues: faith, hope and charity.

The church conserves a chapel from the Old Convent of St. Francis, where we can see the Virgin of El Rocío. In this church the Brotherhoods of the Holy Supper and the Holy Mary of Faith and Charity as well as the Holy Sepulchre and Our Lady of Sorrows have their canonical seat.