The Church Sanctuary
Almería

The Virgin of the Sea Square is presided over by the façade of the Church-Sanctuary of the same name, popularly known as the Temple of the Patron Saint. The church, run by the Dominican Fathers, is also known as St. Dominic´s Church

[ + ]

St Peters Church
Almería

The present Church of San Peter´s was constructed at the end of the 18th and beginning of the 19th centuries on top of the ruins of the old church of the Franciscan Convent which was demolished as a consequence of the 1790 earthquake.

[ + ]

St John Church

After the foundation of the city by Abderramán III in the 10th century, the Great Mosque was ordered to be built in 965. It is a mosque of great dimensions which was divided into two zones: the Ablutions Courtyard and the prayer hall.

[ + ]

The Cathedral
Almería

The present Almeria Cathedral has a special characteristic: it is a cathedral-fortress. Its structure as a fortress can be clearly appreciated on the outside, with its solid stone masonry, its buttresses and corner towers.

[ + ]

The Bullring
Almería

The present bull ring was designed by the architects Trinidad Cuartara and Enrique López Rull and its construction was finished in 1888. It can hold 9,054 spectators and replaced the previous bull ring which existed between Granada and Murcia Street.

[ + ]

The Alcazaba
Almería

The Alcazaba, with a perimeter wall of 1430 metres, is one of the largest Arab constructions in Spain. It was built on the orders of Abderramán III in the 10th century, after the foundation of the city.

[ + ]