Purchena Gate
Almería

This is the nerve centre of the city. In the past it was called the Pechina Gate and used to be the main entrance to the Arab city. However, by mistake, the Christians knew it as the Purchena Gate.

[ + ]

Bendicho Square
Almería

This secluded square, situated at the back of the Cathedral, was built between the 18th and 19th centuries and in it we can find the “The House of the Puches” the oldest house in Almeria from the 17th to the 18th centuries. The Puche family was an old noble family who arrived in Almeria with the first Christian settlers in 1494.

[ + ]

The Central Market
Amería

The Central Market is one of the most beautiful examples of industrial architecture in the city of Almeria which combines stone, brick, iron and glass.

[ + ]

St Peters Church
Almería

The present Church of San Peter´s was constructed at the end of the 18th and beginning of the 19th centuries on top of the ruins of the old church of the Franciscan Convent which was demolished as a consequence of the 1790 earthquake.

[ + ]

St John Church

After the foundation of the city by Abderramán III in the 10th century, the Great Mosque was ordered to be built in 965. It is a mosque of great dimensions which was divided into two zones: the Ablutions Courtyard and the prayer hall.

[ + ]

Provincial Hospital (The Old Saint Mary Magdalene Royal Hospital)
Almería

The Provincial Hospital is one of the oldest civil buildings preserved down to the present day. It was ordered to be built by the Bishop, Brother Diego Fernández de Villarán, between 1547 and 1557, with participation in the work by Juan de Orea.

[ + ]